Gresham is partnering with Tekne to oﬀer Australian investors access to a Global Technology Fund in Emerging Markets.
- The current transformation in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (‘TMT’) sector is seen as the 4th industrial revolution, providing signiﬁcant opportunities to invest and participate in future growth.
- The performance of US TMT (especially the FAANGS) is well understood and readily accessible to Australian investors through a variety of low cost ETFs.
- The TMT sector outside the US is significant, and its growth is expected to outpace that of the US as sovereign governments invest heavily to build a strong digital economy and technological independence.
- Gresham has identified Tekne and its founder Beeneet Kothari as the manager of choice. Tekne applies the learnings from investing in US TMT stocks over a long period to create a portfolio of TMT equities in other regions.
- Typically, Tekne will hold 8-12 high conviction stocks on a long only basis. The average market capitalisation of a stock in the Tekne portfolio is US$25bn.(1)
- Gresham has established the Gresham Tekne Feeder Fund to invest solely into Tekne’s Long Only Fund, providing Australian investors with an opportunity to access Tekne’s TMT expertise.
- Applications are accepted on a monthly basis via Gresham.iplatforms.com.au, to be received no later than 8 business days before month end. Applications are open to wholesale clients only and are subject to the detailed information memorandum and fund documentation available on Gresham.iplatforms.com.au.
(1) Source: Tekne Management.