Mark has over 18 years’ experience in investment banking, corporate advisory and law. Mark’s experience extends across a broad range of sectors and corporate finance transactions, including privatisations, mergers & acquisitions, divestments, demergers, public takeovers strategic advice and capital raisings.
Mark has significant expertise in public takeovers, demergers and digital registries.
Prior to joining Gresham, Mark worked at Dresdner Kleinwort in London. Mark has also worked as a corporate lawyer.
Mark holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws at Monash University, he has completed a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment at the Financial Services Institute of Australasia and has been admitted to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Selected transaction experience includes advising:
- VicRoads – advisor to Macquarie Asset Management, Aware & Australian Retirement Trust
- Iress – advisor to Iress on unsolicited proposal from EQT & takeover defence
- Equip & Catholic Super – advisor on sale of MyLifeMyFinance to Challenger
- PEXA – advisor to a bidder in PEXA sale process
- Illion – advisor to bidder in illion sale process
- Land Services WA – advisor to the Macquarie Asset Management, Sunsuper and HESTA consortium on their acquisition of Land Services Western Australia
- Coles – advisor to Wesfarmers on the demerger of Coles
- Vic Land Registries – advisor to Aware on its successful bid for the concession to operate land titles and registry functions of Land Use Victoria
- LSSA & NSW LPI – advisor to the Computershare and UniSuper consortium on their bid for SA Land Services and independent advisor to Computershare on their bid for NSW LPI
- ASIC Registry – advisor to Computershare on their bid for the ASIC Registry business
- Computershare – advisor to Computershare on the refinancing of its syndicated facilities and subsequent USPP issuance
- Asciano – advisor on Asciano’s takeover defence and subsequent scheme of arrangement with a consortium including Qube, Brookfield, GIP, CPPIB, CIC, GIC, bcIMC and QIA
- NAPCO – advisor to the controlling shareholder in The North Australian Pastoral Company on the sale of a majority interest to QIC
- South32 – advisor to BHP Billiton on the demerger of South32
- connectnow – advisor to Computershare on the sale of connectnow to AGL
- Dun & Bradstreet – advisor to Dun & Bradstreet Inc. on the sale of its Australian and New Zealand businesses to Archer Capital
- Location Navigation – advisor to Sensis on the sale of Location Navigation to TomTom NV
- Foster’s – advisor to Foster’s on its takeover defence and subsequent scheme of arrangement with SABMiller
- Treasury Wine Estates – advisor to Foster’s on the demerger of Treasury Wine Estates
- Loy Yang – advisor to AustralianSuper on the sale of its interests in Loy Yang
- JSC Lebedyansky – advisor to PepsiCo Inc. on the acquisition of Russia’s largest juice company, JSC Lebedyansky
- Hirslanden AG – advisor to Medi-Clinic International on the acquisition of the largest private healthcare group in Switzerland, Hirslanden AG
- Danisco Sugar AS – advisor to Nordzucker AG on its acquisition of Danisco Sugar AS