Simon is an Executive Director in the Corporate Advisory business.
With more than 10 years of investment banking experience, Simon has worked on a wide range of public and private M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory assignments in the United States and Australia. Simon’s industry focus is equally diversified having advised clients across financial services, technology, healthcare, industrials and leisure sectors.
Prior to joining Gresham, Simon was an Executive Director at Perella Weinberg Partners in New York focused on the Financial Technology and Business Services sectors.
A selection of major transactions on which Simon has advised includes:
- ANZ – Board advisory on its acquisition of Suncorp Bank and associated capital raising;
- CSL on its $16.4bn takeover of Vifor Pharma and its institutional equity placement (Australia’s largest) and equity share purchase plan;
- Crown on its $10bn takeover defence from Blackstone;
- Wesfarmers on its acquisition of Australian Pharmaceutical Industries;
- Sweat on its sale to iFIT Health & Fitness;
- Aon on its strategic investment and subsequent acquisition of CoverWallet;
- Strayer Education on its merger with Capella Education;
- Willis Group on its merger with Towers Watson;
- Pamplona Capital Management on its acquisition of Parexel;
- Aspen Skiing Co. on its acquisition of Intrawest.
Simon graduated from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science.